SMU ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP
Supported by the SMU Alumni Association (SMUAA), the SMU Alumni Scholarship is available to third or final year undergraduates studying full-time at the Singapore Management University. The Alumni Scholarship Fund represents the collective contribution from the pioneer batches of graduates – Classes of 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. The scholarship fund of $200,000 was achieved in 2007. This scholarship seeks to identify needy students, who can at the same time contribute to the Alumni Association by strengthening the ties between Alumni and Students, and to foster a greater sense of bonding with the SMU family.
One scholarship is awarded annually and is tenable for one year, valued at S$6,000, to be used to pay the recipient's school fees.
- Full-time SMU undergraduates of any nationality, or as specified by the donor
- Proceeding to third or final year of studies
- Good academic results and communications skills
- Good leaderships skills and character records
- Active involvement in CCA and/or community service
- Possess attributes of perseverance and passion
- Preference will be given to students with financial needs
1 will be awarded annually.
TENURE AND BENEFITS
- Tenable for one year based on good academic performance and the student’s financial circumstances
- Valued at $6,000
- The scholarship will be used to pay for the recipient’s school fees
- The recipient may apply for bursary for cash allowance
- The recipient is expected to contribute to the SMU Alumni Association in designing alumni relations programmes and activities to help foster a greater sense of belonging and networking for SMU alumni and the University
TUITION GRANT SCHEME
- The recipient is required to take advantage of the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) provided by the Singapore Government for subsidised education.
- Under the TGS, non-Singaporean recipients (including Singapore Permanent Residents) will be contractually obliged to work for Singapore-based companies for 3 years upon graduation
Apply via OASIS>Personal & Finances (between March and April)
LIST OF WINNERS
- NGUYEN TUE VY SMU Alumni Scholarship 2007
- SHIVIKA MANSATA SMU Alumni Scholarship 2008
- TRUONG THI NGOC ANH SMU Alumni Scholarship 2009
- LEE YI XIN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2010
- JEANETTE D/O JUSTIN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2011
- NG EN-HUI, DENISE SMU Alumni Scholarship 2012
- FATHUDDIN BIN ABDUL HAMID SMU Alumni Scholarship 2013
- PHANG JIAYI, EMILYN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2014
- OON TIEN SERN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2015
- JACKSON KWA JIAN HUI Alumni Scholarship 2016
Last updated on 13 Jun 2017.