SMU ALUMNI Association SCHOLARSHIP
Supported by the SMU Alumni Association (SMUAA), the SMUAA Scholarship is available to third or final year undergraduates studying full-time at the Singapore Management University. The Alumni Scholarship Fund of $200,000 was achieved in 2007. It represents the collective contribution from the pioneer batches of graduates – Classes of 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
This scholarship seeks to identify candidates who enjoys networking / getting to know Alumni, fostering relationships between Alumni and SMU, and interested in harnessing the power of the SMU Alumni network together with the community for impact. He/she is an ambassador who believes in SMU and SMU’s education experience. The chosen candidate will be groomed to participate in alumni engagement projects, take part in alumni networking events, as well as touch base with the SMUAA executive committee.
One scholarship is awarded annually and is tenable for one year, valued at S$6,000, to be used to pay the recipient's school fees.
- Full-time SMU undergraduates of any nationality, or as specified by the donor
- Proceeding to third or final year of studies
- Good academic results and communications skills
- Good leaderships skills and character records
- Active involvement in CCA and/or community service
- Possess attributes of perseverance and passion
- Preference will be given to students with financial needs
1 will be awarded annually.
TENURE AND BENEFITS
- Tenable for one year based on good academic performance and the student’s financial circumstances
- Valued at $6,000
- The scholarship will be used to pay for the recipient’s school fees
- The recipient may apply for bursary for cash allowance
TUITION GRANT SCHEME
- The recipient is required to take advantage of the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) provided by the Singapore Government for subsidised education.
- Under the TGS, non-Singaporean recipients (including Singapore Permanent Residents) will be contractually obliged to work for Singapore-based companies for 3 years upon graduation
- Apply via OASIS>Personal & Finances (between March and April).
- Interview is required of shortlisted applicants
LIST OF WINNERS
- NGUYEN TUE VY SMU Alumni Scholarship 2007
- SHIVIKA MANSATA SMU Alumni Scholarship 2008
- TRUONG THI NGOC ANH SMU Alumni Scholarship 2009
- LEE YI XIN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2010
- JEANETTE D/O JUSTIN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2011
- NG EN-HUI, DENISE SMU Alumni Scholarship 2012
- FATHUDDIN BIN ABDUL HAMID SMU Alumni Scholarship 2013
- PHANG JIAYI, EMILYN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2014
- OON TIEN SERN SMU Alumni Scholarship 2015
- JACKSON KWA JIAN HUI Alumni Scholarship 2016
- PAN ZHENHE JEFFREY Alumni Scholarship 2017
Last updated on 13 Jun 2017.